Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introducing Karen Driskill

Let me introduce myself, I’m Karen Driskill, account executive at CPI Corporation’s B2B Business Portraits.

My sales and customer service experience began more than a dozen years ago while managing advertising clients’ broadcast programming. From there I moved into advertising sales earning my ‘road warrior’ badge along with many frequent flyer points.

Happily, I found my way to CPI’s Business Portrait division (B2B Portraits) combining my love of photography with my sales and marketing background. As part of my new position, I needed a portrait. 

My co-workers were matter of fact when they mentioned that my business card portrait would be taken the following Friday afternoon. It had been many years since I had my portrait taken and I’ve never been a fan. Must be my past photo sessions in school, where you were herded into a room, seated, the photo was snapped and you were whisked away. No wonder the school pictures were a gallery of surprised and stunned looks.

I chose Sears Portrait Studio for my portrait. They are one of B2B Portraits partners and are located close to my new office. My portrait session began with a very assuring photographer who immediately made me feel at ease explaining the process and allowing me to relax making for a more natural pose and smile. The immediate ability to select my preferred image at the time of the ‘shoot’ was a huge time-saver. Creative options were also possible like soft focus or black and white. Once I selected my favorite pose, it was immediately sent to the printer with my business card order, the very same day.

My experience was a pleasure and for that brief moment, I felt like I was the center of attention. Something we can all use once in a while.

A professional business portrait goes a long way in conveying to your audience: customers, co-workers, and staff, a sense of trust in your abilities. With electronic communication replacing face-to-face interaction, a portrait places a ‘face’ with your proposal, conference call or Web meeting. I use mine on business cards, in emails, PowerPoint presentations and any other customer facing communications (like the company blog). We’ve all heard that people like to do business with people they like and the professional business portrait helps move your interaction in that direction.

Next, I will walk you through my trip to a Portrait Studio. Tune in.

No comments: